Sunday, May 14, 2017

I have a MOM & a mother, so . . . ?


My MOM went to be with JESUS almost 3 years ago & in the last few weeks I've discovered via AncestryDNA.com one of my 1/2 sisters who shares the same biological mother with me.

"Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation." ~ Robert A. Heinlein

My blog There's No Love Quite Like A Mother's Love! on Mother's Day last year includes some great quotes & photos to express what a mother's love truly is!

"What is more powerful than the love of a mother? Perhaps only GOD's hand in answering her earnest pleadings on your behalf." ~ Richelle E. Goodrich

Before my Mom passed away I posted Mother's Day! which states how much I appreciate & love my Mom for not only adopting me but also caring for me in such a way that I have strived to express the love she invested into me to my wife & to other people the LORD created me to love!

"The mother-child relationship is paradoxical & in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, & to become fully independent." ~ Erich Fromm

In the midst of the horrific news yesterday of a young man in Tucson who was reportedly gunned done via a hit his own gang affiliated brother put on him, I'm even more aware that the home I grew up in was full of joy, love, & peace & that is what my wife & I strived to do both in Oro Valley, Arizona & Key West, Florida where we were house parents to 10 children.


"My people will live in peaceful dwelling-places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." ~ ISAIAH 32:18 

My successes were celebrated as my Mom enabled me to be like a Manta Ray flying through the air unencumbered by natural limitations, allowing supernatural joy, love, & peace to make my life soar to majestic heights!


"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." ~ Arthur C. Clarke

My mistakes had consequences yet I still felt loved.

I have friends from the scariest neighborhoods in Miami & the most  dangerous barrios in Medellin, Colombia yet I didn't become part of the nasty evil that purveys the ghettos & the hood all over the world.

My Mom & Dad instilled values in me that at the time didn't always feel good but now I'm grateful for that!

Because of my Mom's love, I'm able to be like a cactus & thrive in arid conditions producing beautiful flowers. 


"The desert & the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice & blossom." ~ ISAIAH 35:1

I'm amazed that so many people in churches & non-profits & social works have little to no morals & ethics as those things aren't as presently active as they should be & only seem to be found in history books.

"A system is corrupt when it's strictly profit-driven, not driven to serve the best interests of its people." ~ Suzy Kassem

I've often thought, "Why do I understand? Why can't people in positions of power & influence have wisdom to bless those who need help instead of lining the pockets of people who are already more wealthy than I'll ever hope to be?"

"The system fails when people with ability don't have authority & people with authority don't have ability." ~ Amit Kalantri


"GOD never ends anything on a negative; GOD always ends on a positive. Because what is negative about going home?" ~ Shannon L. Alder

There was never any negative about going home & I'm so thankful & enormously blessed to have had a mother who because of her love expressed to me on a daily basis, instilled a desire within me to discover what our Sweet Heavenly FATHER created me to do & then do it!


My Mom is now in heaven & I just wanted to let my biological mother know that I'm grateful that she put me up for adoption instead of having an abortion!

Because of that selfless act while not even being permitted to see me after I was born, I hopefully have made you proud by trying my best to live a life that blesses others & LORD willing you also know & understand why Discovering El Salvador! impacted my life both because of you being my birth mother & because of my Mom raising me in such a way that I eventually understood how GOD desires you, & me, & everyone to live!

"Trying to do the LORD's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, & tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, then the ministry of JESUS just flows out of you." ~ Corrie ten Boom  

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Share this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment